Original Feyenoord Rotterdam *Matchworn* Away Jersey #5 2001-2002 of Jean-Paul van Gastel - XXL
Feyenoord Rotterdam - De club van het volk
- Type: Matchworn Away Jersey #5 of Jean-Paul van Gastel
- Year: 2001-2002
- Team: Christian Gyan, Jon Dahl Tomasson, Julio Cruz
- Size: XXL (56 cm x 83 cm)
- Brand: Kappa
- Sponsor: Stad Rotterdam Verzekeringen
- Details: Very good condition, some wear to number. Match worn shirt from Van Gastel. Correct name set and sublimated Stad Rotterdam Verzekeringen on the back which was not applied on fan shirts.
A beautiful Jersey from the beginning of this century from one of the big clubs in the Netherlands. The club of Rotterdam was provided with cool football Jerseys from Kappa from the year 2000 till 2009. Feyenoord is the first Dutch club ever to win the European Cup I and lift the cup with the big ears. Feyenoord were also the last club to win a European Cup in 2002. After Inter Milan were eliminated in the semi-final of the UEFA Cup, Feyenoord faced Borussia Dortmund in the final at their own Kuip stadium on 8 May 2002. The Yellow and Black also lost to the Rotterdam club thanks to goals from Pierre van Hooijdonk, Jon Dahl Tomasson and Sinji Ono. Five-time Dutch international Jean-Paul van Gastel played in this Jersey. The midfielder played can 1996 to 2002 for Feyenoord and made 121 appearances for the club. During this period, he became national champion with the Rotterdam club, later equalling this feat as assistant coach.